‘Worting House’ and Flexible Workspace
HOW BASINGSTOKE’S ‘WORTING HOUSE’ IS WELCOMING THE NEXT ERA OF THE FLEXIBLE WORKSPACE
Worting House, Basingstoke’s Grade II Georgian Manor, serviced office, and co-working space, has undergone a series of upgrades and improvements to make it a better place to both work and relax for the businesses and professionals based there. Worting House will very soon be ready to welcome businesses and professionals in the next era of the flexible workspace.
While keeping all of its charm and Georgian character that makes it unique, the renovations incorporate new facilities, modern technology, and flexible working spaces. The improvements will help Worting House to continue to offer its businesses and professionals a first-class working space that fits their needs over the coming years. New renovations and changes to Worting House include:
- The Lodge: A brand new coworking space for flexible workers, featuring a comfortable, open-plan area containing shared workspaces, dedicated desks, and private rooms.
- Improved flexibility options: Businesses and professionals can now choose between using a hot desk, a dedicated desk for one, a private office for the day, or a serviced office with no minimum term.
- New technology: Worting House’s meeting rooms have been completely redesigned and refitted with newly installed AV equipment and HD video conferencing facilities
- Modern interior design: Much of the interior, including the reception area and coffee lounge is being completely redesigned to make the space a more comfortable, inspiring, and sophisticated setting.
- On-site wellness suite: The new on-site wellness suite contains therapy and consultation rooms and are designed for delivering wellbeing services and corporate wellness programmes.
- On-site courtyard cafe: Newly opened in 2020, ‘More of the good stuff’ is an on-site courtyard café serving hot breakfast, coffee, lunch, cakes, and more. The cafe also offers catering for corporate events and meetings.
These new improvements are the first redevelopments in a long term plan for the Georgian manor. The vision for the future of Worting House and the surrounding parkland includes building new homes, a nursery, a gym, walking and jogging trails, a trim track, and more. And all centered around the philosophy of creating a serene and well-equipped space that suits the lifestyles of today’s professionals, makes work more enjoyable, and improves productivity.
‘Worting House has been through a lot of change since it was built way back in the 18th century. Switching hands between notable owners and seeing extensions, renovations, and improvements – it’s always been a building in flux. We’re now proud to announce the latest developments, making Worting House a better place to work than ever before while retaining all of the historical features that make it so unique.’ Julie Kehoe-Smith, Manager of Worting House.
Over the last year, millions around the world have taken to working from home, exacerbating a larger trend which has led to the number of people working from home in the UK doubling in just 10 years. Yet for some businesses, working together is crucial for professional communication, socialising, and team-building. And for employees, while returning to drab, soulless offices isn’t going to cut it anymore, busy households aren’t always the best environment for productivity. Worting House says these factors mean this decade will usher in a new era of co-working. Flexible workspaces will be crucial in allowing businesses to decentralise their workforce, helping employees to work closer to home and cut down on their commute, while still gaining the benefits of being in an office environment.
Worting House is committed to ensuring it will continue to be somewhere businesses and professionals will want to spend their working day, with it’s beautiful parkland setting and historic character now complemented by modern facilities, bespoke services, and flexible workspaces.
About Worting House:
Worting House is a Grade II listed Georgian manor, serviced office, and coworking space, just outside of Basingstoke. With 24h access, it offers flexible workplace services, whether you need a serviced office, or just a desk to use for the day. And with outside tennis courts, picturesque gardens, and plenty of spaces for downtime, it’s the perfect place to relax as well. Learn more about Worting House here: www.wortinghouse.co.uk
You are able to keep up to date with our articles, news and publications by following us on our social media channels below: