WORLD MENTAL HEALTH DAY – DO ONE THING – 10 OCTOBER 2021
This World Mental Health Day, do one thing and make change happen. If we all do one thing, we can change everything.
The theme from the World Foundation for Mental Health for this year’s World Mental Health Day on Sunday 10 October, is mental health in an unequal world. Local mental health charity West Kent Mind is joining national charity Mind to campaign for better mental health services for everyone – whatever their race, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability or class.
At West Kent Mind we believe:
Access to mental health support is too often determined by who a person is, or where they live. Everyone should have access to proper mental health support. The pandemic has put the mental health of millions at risk, it has changed people’s lives and behaviours and the impact of it will be seen for many years to come. By working together, we can raise awareness, fight for change, for fairness, for respect and for life-changing support for all.
West Kent Mind invites everyone in the local community to Do One Thing for better mental health this World Mental Health Day and make change happen.
Do One Thing!
• Pick up the phone, text, message or simply chat. Start a conversation about mental health with a friend, family member, neighbour, colleague. Ask them how they really are – a small conversation has the power to make a big difference.
• Find out about the local support available and reach out for help for yourself or someone you care about.
• Make some time to put your mental wellbeing first: take a walk, connect with a friend, listen to music that makes you happy, cook, garden, dance!
• Support and donate to West Kent Mind – help us reach more people in our local community experiencing mental ill health through our services and support groups westkentmind.org.uk/donate
• Share your Do One Thing on social media (tag @westkentmind #doonething)
• Add your voice to campaign for better, more equal mental health services. Share your experience and share your story.
If we all do one thing, we can change everything. #DoOneThing #WMHD
You are able to keep up to date with our articles, news and publications by following us on our social media channels below: