RIVER CHELMER – Feel Good WALK by Action For Family Carers
FREE FOR FAMILY CARERS
Feel Good WALK:
Chelmer River, Paper Mill Lock
SAFETY FIRST: Social distancing guidelines will be followed for the safety of all.
Join us for an Winter Walk along the banks of the Chelmer: boats, swans and cake! This is a favourite walk for any time of year and will be rounded off with hot drinks and your choice of cake at the famous Tearooms (outside seating).
– Please be aware that some of the path can be a bit muddy, but there is an alternative route if it’s too bad –
Paper Mill Lock:
“It took TWO days for a barge to make the journey from Heybridge to Chelmsford! Paper Mill lock was the halfway point, so it was the ideal place to rest. The Heybridge men would come upstream, and the Chelmsford men would come downstream. They would sleep in the bothy (bunkhouse), and stable their horses overnight.” (chelmercanaltrust.co.uk)
- Free refreshments will be available.
- Parking – free for 2 hours at the Tearooms
- MEETING POINT: We’ll meet you in the Tearoom car park
- Information, advice and support is available too.
- All abilities are catered for*.
- Please wear suitable footwear and bring a rain jacket, just in case!
If you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Browse our other FREE EVENTS in your area: FEELING GOOD EVENTS MAP
From: 10 March 2021 10:00 To : 10 March 2021 12:00
Location: Paper Mill Lock Tearooms North Hill Little Baddow CM3 4BS