Braintree Business News: Can your business help us combat loneliness?

Welcome to the November edition of our business newsletter!

Businesses in the Braintree District swept the board at the Business Excellence Awards Essex 2019. Six of the winners come from the Braintree District!

A huge congratulations to:

Excellence in Innovation & Technology: Coco Lighting Ltd based in Braintree. Pictured below.

SME of the Year: Alchemy based in Braintree.

New Business of the Year: Davina Steel at Mannavida based in Halstead.

Family Business of the Year: Tuffon Hall Vineyard based in Castle Hedingham.

Customer Service Excellence Award and Leadership Team of the Year: Community Dental Services UK based in Witham.

Professional Services Award: Barker Associates based in Braintree.


Tourism website launching soon – get involved

We are really pleased to tell you about a brand new tourism website for the Braintree District that will be launching in the new year.

Having a dedicated tourism website will put our district on the map and encourage visitors to stay longer and enjoy all that is on offer.

If you are a business trading in one of the following areas, we would love to give you a free listing.

  • accommodation
  • food and beverage
  • recreation and entertainment
  • transportation and travel services.

Get in touch


Braintree Village special invite

Braintree Village is inviting local businesses and their employees to join them for an evening of late night Christmas shopping.

Selected Braintree Village stores will be offering exclusive discounts to attendees as well as exciting in-store promotions.

Just pop along on 5th December 5.30pm -8pm at the village guest services and collect your pass to unlock the offers.


Could a TALE business support facilitator help your business?

Find out how Unisystems Freight Ltd based in Witham was helped by TALE – a project set up to help SMEs make the most of their logistics data, to improve profit margins and reduce costs.

“Unisystems wouldn’t have been able to fund the software without the TALE Grant – it covered 40% of the cost”

Read more:


Meet Up Mondays – help us combat loneliness

Do you run a tea room or cafe in the Braintree district? If so you could help us combat loneliness while showcasing your business as a warm and friendly place.

According to Age UK, more than 2 million people in England over the age of 75 live alone, and more than a million older people say they go for over a month without speaking to a friend, neighbour or family member.

Meet up Mondays gives you the opportunity to help us change this.

Join Meet Up Monday


New grant available

A small pot of funding has become available to assist small and medium sized businesses with the purchase of tangible items such as plant equipment, machinery, commercial vehicles and specialist Information and communications technology (ICT) equipment relating to business growth projects.

This funding is only open to businesses which have not received a South East Business Boost Grant in the past.

Grants of between £1,000-£2,000 are available at a 30 per cent intervention rate, which effectively means the business pays the remaining 70 per cent of the total project cost.

We would be grateful if you could help us promote this grant by forwarding this information to your contacts.

Interested? Find out more.



You are able to keep up to date with our articles, news and publications by following us on our social media channels below:

Tags: , , , , , ,

News Categories


Business Directory Search