Applications open for Hampshire county youth ensembles
Complete the application form to apply to become a member of these high-quality Hampshire youth ensembles for 2021-22.
Deadline: end of June 2021 (auditions, where necessary, will be organised for the summer term)
- Hampshire County Youth Bands (HCYB)
- Hampshire County Youth Band #
- Hampshire County Youth Training Band #
- Hampshire County Youth Junior Band *
- HAMPSHIRE COUNTY YOUTH CHOIRS (HCYC)
- Hampshire County Youth Chamber Choir #
- Hampshire County Youth Choir #
- Hampshire County Youth Show Choir #
- Hampshire County Youth Training Choir #
- Hampshire County Junior Choir *
- HAMPSHIRE COUNTY YOUTH JAZZ CENTRE*
- Hampshire County Youth Orchestras (HCYO)
- Hampshire County Youth Orchestra and Chamber Orchestra #
- Hampshire County Youth String Orchestra #
- Hampshire County Youth Wind Ensembles (HCYWE)
- Hampshire County Youth Wind Ensemble #
- Hampshire Youth Training Wind Ensemble *
- Hampshire Flute Choir #
- Hampshire Double Reed Ensemble #
- Hampshire Percussion Ensemble *
# Audition required
* No formal audition required.
Please contact Hampshire Music Service for entry criteria.
Before making your youth ensembles application, please see the Ensembles page for detailed information on each group. Contact Hampshire Music Service if you have any further questions. For all auditioned ensembles, we are looking at ways to carry out auditions safely in the current circumstances, including virtual auditions. Details about these will be sent to the relevant applicants.
The County music ensembles build on and extend the opportunities available in Hampshire’s 50 area groups. County ensembles provide high quality performing opportunities for Hampshire’s most able young musicians. Each group has a full schedule of rehearsals and concerts and a high level of commitment is required. You are welcome to visit rehearsals for any of these ensembles before deciding whether to apply.
Membership is open to young people up to the age of 19, who are in full-time education at school/college/home. Priority will be given first to Hampshire residents, and then to non-Hampshire residents attending Hampshire schools and colleges. You may apply for membership on more than one instrument. Please complete a separate form for each instrument. You may also apply for membership of more than one ensemble. Please indicate in order of preference the ensemble for which you are applying, by numbering the relevant boxes overleaf (1 is first choice).
You are able to keep up to date with our articles, news and publications by following us on our social media channels below: