New-born to Parenting: Free course
New-born to Parenting
Build confidence and support the emotional well-being of parent/carers of babies aged 0-6months, to promote bonding and good communication between parent/carer and baby from new-born to parenting.
- Feel more confident, less isolated and create a support network
- Identify the recommended age to start weaning. Identify 2 suitable foods to wean babies on before 7 months
- Identify 2 ways you can aid bonding and communication between yourself and your baby
- Describe how much time is recommended for tummy time
- Describe how to help a choking baby. Identify 3 things that pose a risk inside the home and a way to minimise those risks
- Identify two local services that may offer support outside of the course
About the Course: A 5 to Thrive and Post-natal depression guest speaker may be invited along to a session.
Who is this course for: Parents or carers of babies aged 0-6 months
Previous Knowledge or Experience: none required
How will I learn: observation and demonstration, handouts
How will I be assessed: Tutor assessment, Self-assessment
What shall I bring: please bring a notebook and pen.
Next Steps: other parenting courses or come along to a library Rhyme Time session
For more information and to book, visit www.hants.gov.uk/shop/product.php?productid=59629
If the New-born to Parenting event is sold out, please contact learningInLibraries@hants.gov.uk so that they can inform you of any future courses.
From: 18 January 2022 13:00 To : 15 February 2022 14:30
Location: Tadley Library, Mulfords Hill, Tadley RG26 3JE