Curious About Winchester: Quirky Heritage Walks
Curious About Winchester: Quirky Heritage Walks for the Curious!
Explore, Discover & Enjoy Winchester with two self-guided, quirky, heritage walks with an optional treasure hunt. Are you curious about Winchester? Looking for an unusual and quirky activity which gets you out in the fresh air whatever the weather? Take one of the self-guided walks with a treasure hunt theme – looping around the better-known sights, as well as some of the more unusual and quirky ones, which combined make Winchester a fabulous place to explore!
You’ll get everything – detailed directions, maps, clues (with answers in the back!), and interesting snippets about the history of Winchester and the people that have shaped it.
Buy in booklet or instant download format and explore in your own time. One booklet is enough for four people of all ages to enjoy. Enter code Visit20 at checkout for a 20% discount on any two or more purchases from Curious About.
- An exploration of Winchester’s city centre with two self-guided heritage walks with an optional treasure hunt. Completing the treasure hunt keeps everyone actively engaged, and urges you to look up, down and every which-way – so you won’t miss out on any of Winchester’s treasures.
Explore, Discover, and Enjoy!
- Most clues are chosen for their historical value, so you’ll learn about the diverse culture, significant people and extraordinary events which have influenced Winchester in becoming what it is today.
- Curious About Winchester is an outdoor, unsupervised activity – so you can go at a pace which suits you, whilst keeping you healthy!
- A Curious About walk is a fun and social activity for all the family and friends. Different people can take on different roles – follow the map, identify picture clues, read directions, etc – it’s ideal for children from the age of 6, and if you can walk/wheelchair it, you’re young enough!
- These two Curious About walks have been designed so that the second one follows on from where the first one ends. Do both, or have a breather and do the second one another day! They both start and finish in the heart of the city – so buses, trains and car parks are easily available to get you there and back.
- One Curious About booklet is suitable for up to 4 people, and is available to instantly download on purchase for printing at home or for using immediately on your mobile device, or we can print it for you and send it using 1st class Royal Mail.
From: 28 March 2021 09:00 To : 30 October 2021 18:00
Location: Winchester City Centre Starts: Winchester Cathedral The Close Winchester Hampshire SO23 9LS
Cost: £ 7.99