Treebourne Mulching sessions at Sevenoaks Rec
Treebourne are calling on all tree-lovers in Eastbourne to volunteer for mulching sessions to help safeguard the future of the 10,500 trees planted at Sevenoaks Rec.
After a very dry start to spring, Treebourne are appealing for as many volunteers as possible to help them distribute mulch, straightening trees that have blown over and fix tree-guards to ensure the long-term viability of the newly planted trees.
The two hour sessions will run from Friday 23 April to Sunday 16 May 2021 and as before all appropriate measures will be taken to keep volunteers Covid-safe.
About this Event
After a very dry start to spring, we desperately need to secure all the hard work of the Treebourne volunteers who planted over 10,500 trees at Sevenoaks Rec. Mulching helps retain water, suppresses competing grass and improves the soil.
If you can, please bring gloves and a rake or a fork. We can supply if this is not possible.
Tickets are currently limited to 12 people per session and volunteers will be split into groups of maximum of 6. Everyone is welcome. All ages and abilities are welcome.
Sevenoaks Rec, Sevenoaks Road, Eastbourne, BN23 7LP
BEFORE YOU BOOK, so you know what to expect, what to bring, and what we are doing to keep you safe, PLEASE READ the following:
- We will be operating a socially distanced, covid-secure project. Please help us by observing UK guidelines on social distancing, and following all supervisor guidance on health and safety. The site is outside with lots of room to enable social distancing. Soap, water and hand sanitiser will be freely available.
- Please bring your own fork or rake and gloves if possible- although some are available to borrow.
- Please bring your own drinking water
- There will be a short briefing for all volunteers at the start of each session so please arrive on time so you don’t delay the start.
- There are no loos on site.
- At this time we will not be providing refreshments to help maintain social distancing
- All sessions are subject to cancellation at short notice, because of for example extreme weather conditions, or changes to local Covid regulations. If a session you have booked unfortunately has to be cancelled, you will be notified automatically via standard Eventbrite ticketing email.
- Please do read the full briefing information in the PDF… and we look forward to meeting you at one of the tree sessions!
For more information about this project, go to https://treebourne.org/planting-projects/sevenoaks-rec
You are able to keep up to date with our articles, news and publications by following us on our social media channels below: